Facebook owned messaging platform WhatsApp just rolled out the Whatsapp Payments feature. However, the feature is not available for everyone right now. the company only has rolled out the Whatsapp Payments feature in beta for some selected Android devices as well iPhones.
By launching the Whatsapp Payments feature, the company is expecting a huge success. As WhatsApp has huge popularity in India and since it is based on UPI. So it is quite obvious for the users to choose WhatsApp to make transactions over any other UPI based application. So now here comes the question, how can you get started with WhatsApp Payments.
Well, first of all, you need to check for the WhatsApp updates. So go to the Google Play Store or Apple App store and check out if any update is available or not. If there is update availability, then update your WhatsApp application. However according to the company, if your Android whatsapp version is v2.18.41 and if you are using Whatsapp version v2.18.22 on iPhone, then you likely get the payment feature.
So once you update the app, you have to open a chat window. Then go to the settings, and if you see the Payment feature, then you are all set to setup your UPI. However, as we have mentioned above that right now not all the smartphones are getting the feature. So there is a chance that you might not get to see the feature even after updating the app.
How to set up WhatsApp Payment:
Well here are the steps that you have to follow in order to link your Bank account with the whatsapp payment feature.
- First of all, go the Whatsapp settings.
- Then go to the Payments tab.
- On the next screen, you will get to see an Accept and Continue button, tap on it.
- Now whatsapp will ask you for SMS verification. So tap on the “Verify via SMS” button.
- Once you are done verifying the number, then the WhatsApp will display a list of all the bank accounts which supports whatsapp payment.
- Select your bank and follow the screen instructions.
- Once done you will get your whatsapp payment UPI.
How to Send Money using whatsapp payment:
However, before you start sending money, you should know that you will only be able to send payments via whatsapp if the recipient has setup the UPI. That simply means sender as well as the receiver both needs to setup the WhatsApp payment. Once both of you are done setting up the whatsapp payment, here are the steps that you have to follow:
- Open the chat window of the receiver.
- If you are on an Android device, then select the attach button. For iPhone users, you have to select the Plus button.
- Then you will get to see a Payment option. Now enter the amount that you would like to send, in addition to that, you can also add a note.
- Then enter the UPI pin that you have set while registering for WhatsApp Payment.
- Once the money is sent, it will get displayed in the chat window.
Also, you can keep a track of the transactions. Well, to keep the transactions you have to go to the Settings, then tap on Payments and then select the View History option. Here you will get all the details. So that was all for the Whatsapp Payments, go ahead and try out the feature and see how it works for you.